Barcelona ‘submit Robert Lewandowski’s first transfer offer’ and Bayern Munich respond | Soccer | sport

Barcelona have submitted a first official transfer offer for Robert Lewandowski, according to reports. Xavi is keen to lure the Poland international to Camp Nou as he targets the La Liga title next season. But Bayern Munich, at the moment, are holding their own.

Lewandowski is keen to leave Bayern Munich for a new challenge elsewhere, having been at the club since the 2014 summer transfer window.

And while Arsenal and Chelsea are admirers of the Poland international, it is Barcelona who are currently in pole position to secure his signature.

Now, German outlet Sport1 claims Barcelona have tabled a £25million bid to test Bayern’s resolve.

But the Bundesliga champions turned down the offer from rivals Bayern adamantly Lewandowski is not for sale.

Barcelona are set to return with a new offer for the striker, who has scored a stunning 48 goals in all competitions.

They see Lewandowski as the perfect player to lead Xavi’s attack, with Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang likely to be deployed on the wing next season.

THINK YOU KNOW THE SPORT? Test your sports knowledge with our tricky quiz

Barcelona also believe the 33-year-old would also be the ideal replacement for Lionel Messi who left for Paris Saint-Germain last year.

Lewandowski is reportedly keen to leave German football after 12 years playing for Borussia Dortmund and Bayern.

And that bodes well for Xavi as he looks to bring the striker to the club this summer.

Lewandowski isn’t the only player Barcelona hope to add to their squad as they look to win Real Madrid next season.

At the back, they like Chelsea duo Andreas Christensen and Cesar Azpilicueta.

Want the latest football news? Join our brand new Facebook group by clicking here

Both players have verbally agreed to leave Stamford Bridge for the Nou Camp, with their respective contracts set to expire at the end of the campaign.

And, in midfield, Barcelona are aiming to complete the signing of AC Milan star Franck Kessie.

Kessie, like Christensen and Azpilucueta, is expected to become a free agent.

And although the Ivory Coast international has been vital for Milan, the Serie A giants expect him to go and pursue a new challenge elsewhere.

Speaking last week, Lewandowski confirmed he wanted to leave Bayern and admitted he hoped to find the “best solution” for all parties.

“I can confirm that I have spoken to Hasan [Salihamidzic, Bayern sporting director] and informed him that the decision was made – and that I am not extending my contract with FC Bayern,” he said.

“Both parties have to think about the future. It’s better if we find the best solution for both parties.

“I said to [Salihamidzic] that if an offer comes in, we have to think about it – also for the club. Both parties need to think about the future. That’s all I can say.

“I still have a year of contract [left at Bayern]. But I said that we had to find the best solution for both parties.

“We will have to wait and see what happens.”

And Hasan Salihamidzic confirmed it, saying: “He said he would like to try something new.

“But our position hasn’t changed. ‘Lewa’ has a contract until June 30, 2023. That’s a fact.”

Barcelona and Bayern last sat down for transfer talks in 2018.

On this occasion, it was Arturo Vidal who ended up swapping the Allianz Arena for the Nou Camp.

The Chile international only lasted two years, however, before leaving for Serie A giants Inter Milan.

About Dwayne Wakefield

Check Also

How to Remove Microsoft Account from Windows 11

With the Windows 8 makeover in 2012, the software giant made it quite difficult to …