The crowded market makes it easy to get lost when shopping for a brand new laptop. Choosing a computer that perfectly matches our needs is difficult, but buying a unit bloated with features that you won’t use is a waste. The key is to find the right balance.
In this article, we aim to show you how the official Microsoft website can help you in your laptop search. Using the official Microsoft website as a guide when buying a Windows laptop will help you make an informed purchase.
How to filter out the right Windows devices using filters on the Microsoft website
The official Microsoft website offers the possibility to filter the available Windows laptops according to the brand they come from, their features, the operating system they use and, above all, the price.
Choosing the right filters according to your needs can help you filter the right products. Then you can think over and choose the best option. However, remember that the number of laptops you can filter is quite limited. Even so, you’ll likely find a good laptop among these limited choices.
Follow the steps below to screen laptop using Microsoft official website:
- On the Microsoft website, go to the page listing all Windows laptops.
- To see all filters, scroll down and click Show all filters.
- Select your preferred brand from the available filters, choose the features you want to see on your laptop, check the box for the operating system your computer should run, and finally select the price range.
- Once selected, you will see a list of available options that match your criteria.
- By using the sort by drop-down, you can sort the filtered devices from bottom to top or vice versa.
To make your choice easier, you can also compare filtered laptops. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Check the Compare boxes for the three devices you want to compare. (You can compare up to three devices at a time).
- Then click on the Compare bottom button.
By following the steps above, you will find the technical specifications and key features listed in a comparable way to make it easier to choose the best device. Click on the Choose Options under each of the compared products to see the other variations of the same product.
In addition to laptops, you can filter other Windows products in other categories, such as 2-in-1s, gaming PCs, desktops, and student laptops. To access the category page, click on the Computers menu, select the Shop by Category option and select your appropriate category.
How to choose a Windows laptop by taking the quiz
If filtering products using the filters of your choice didn’t help you find your product, you can also get recommendations for the Windows laptop by taking a simple quiz. Here’s how the process works:
- Visit the Microsoft website.
- Go to the Computers menu and click on Help me choose a PC.
- Click on Next after selecting what you want to do with your laptop.
- Choose the desired screen size and click Next.
- Choose up to three brands from the list.
- Once selected, click See the results.
That’s all. Depending on the answers you give in the quiz, you will get different options that suit your needs well. Additionally, you can compare up to three products side-by-side by checking the Check box, like before. You should also check out our list of the best laptops for working from home.
How to Filter Good Surface Laptops on Microsoft Official Site
You can also filter Surface devices on Microsoft’s website, similar to how we filtered Windows laptops if you’re primarily interested in buying one. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Go to Microsoft official website to check Surface purchase page.
- Click on the Computers menu and select Help me choose a Surface.
- When you get to the quiz page, select the appropriate options depending on how you plan to use the laptop, screen size and how much storage space you want for your laptop and continue to push on Next.
- After the quiz, your answers will be analyzed and several Surface products will be recommended based on your answers.
How to Get a Better Deal on Surface Products
While filtering Surface products in the above way helps you choose your dream device, there are still a few options to explore before buying:
- Visit the Surface purchase page on Microsoft’s official website.
- Go to the buy now menu.
- Click on the Surface offers to see the discount currently available on Surface products. Offers can help you save money.
- Check Surface sets for an additional selection of Surface accessories and Microsoft services in addition to your favorite products. A good bundle will save you money on the products it includes.
Still can not find what you are looking for ?
Considering that none of the methods mentioned above could help you find your dream computer, why not ask a Microsoft Store associate to help you find what you’re looking for? Here are the steps to start the chat:
- Go to any purchase page on the Microsoft website, such as the Surface Deals purchase page.
- In the lower right corner, click Questions? Talk to an expert button.
- Click on Begin.
- Choose the type of help you want, whether for personal or professional use.
- Select Orders.
- Decide how you want to communicate.
- From the available options, select Surface Where Other.
- Select the Microsoft Store Associate from the list.
That’s it. By following the steps above, you will be connected to one of the Microsoft Store associates. Let them know your needs and budget so they can recommend the best product for you.
To note: We’ve reached out to Microsoft Store Associates three times this year, and they’ve always been helpful. If you don’t want to look for the right product yourself, take advantage of this opportunity.
Finally, if you’re looking to buy a new laptop, you should check out our list of laptops with the best battery life if you hate being tethered for long.
Buy the right Windows device using the Microsoft website
Hopefully, the tips discussed in the article will be helpful in your search for a device that suits your budget and needs. When all the manual methods don’t work, the Microsoft Store associate will definitely be able to help you. In addition, we recommend that you do not make a quick purchase, but rather visit the manufacturer’s website regularly and take advantage of a good discount.
Finally, it is imperative to list your needs in advance so that you can compare different products. Otherwise, it’s easy to get lost in the sea of choices.