What do you want to know
- Minecraft Preview 18.104.22.168 is now available for players interested in exploring and testing.
- The preview release includes dozens of fixes and changes to spectator mode, technical features, vanilla parity, and beyond.
- The release is testing many Minecraft improvements for a future Minecraft 1.19 “The Wild Update” patch.
- Minecraft: Java Edition also received a new snapshot build in the form of 1.19.2 Release Candidate 1.
Players who enjoy being at the forefront of Minecraft development have an important release to explore today, as Mojang Studios is now releasing Minecraft Preview 22.214.171.124. This release includes a number of fixes, changes, and improvements across many categories, and is rolling out for players on all platforms.
The Minecraft Preview build continues to add to Minecraft 1.19 “The Wild Update” with a host of bug fixes and adjustments, including vanilla parity, the still-in-development spectator mode, and beyond. There’s a lot to explore in this release, but it’s still, ultimately, a minor release that contains no new features or major changes.
Minecraft is constantly improving, big and small, in its quest to remain one of the most popular Xbox games in the world. Today, Mojang Studios is testing a series of changes with Minecraft’s most dedicated players, but the company also recently released a new Minecraft: Bedrock Edition patch for players on every platform.
In case you missed it, Mojang Studios also recently released its official position on blockchain technology and NFTs in Minecraft, and Windows Central explained why the studio made the right decision.
The full changelog for Minecraft Preview 126.96.36.199 includes:
Features and bug fixes
- Mud Brick Slab can now be placed as a top slab via commands
- Added `disable-custom-skins` server property to block untrusted skins at server level
- Piston animation when extending and retracting is now smooth
- Mangrove, Crimson, and Warped Planks can now be used to repair shields
- “Unable to connect to Marketplace” error will no longer be erroneously read by the Text-To-Speech reader
- Fixed a bug causing Leads to break with Allays after the owning player changed dimensions
Stability & performance
- Fixed a bug causing an occasional crash when loading players into beds
- Fixed a UI bug where enchanted leather items had parts of the texture not showing the reflection animation
- Added new disconnect error messages to better highlight the area in which the disconnect occurred
- Border blocks should now prevent passage at all heights
- Changed the goat ram animation to slowly lower its head when preparing the ram
- Raid bar no longer gets stuck after breaking beds to cancel a raid
- Fixed a bug that rarely caused the villager’s bounding box to get out of sync with the server when sleeping
- Endermen no longer get angry at creative players
- Changed fireball entity hitbox to match Java edition
- The enchantment table now plays a sound when enchanting an item
- Amethyst blocks no longer make sound when jumping from them
- Changed cat head position while sitting to match Java Edition
- Item stack pop-up animation will now only play when a new item is added to the stack
- If a villager has a Nametag, it is now displayed with their trade level
- Increased Sculk Shrieker and Sculk Sensor spawn rates in Deep Dark and Ancient Cities to better match Java Edition
- Fixed Melon block bottom texture to match top texture
- Numeric actor properties (float and integer) will now always maintain their values within the specified range of values
Add-ons and scripting engine
- `minecraft:instant_despawn` no longer affects players
- The command selector now gets the same position for the player as the command’s original player position.
- Fixed a bug where the text-to-speech feature would read the entire “My Content” page, both highlighted and non-highlighted items
- Removed use of `minecraft:unwalkable` block component and added block creation group and category to block description
- `/execute if block` command now displays integer values for block positions
- Fixed a bug where the “length” function returned undefined
- Added function `lengthSquared` – Returns the squared length of the vector
- Added `stackOverflow` as possible `WatchdogTerminateReason` for `beforeWatchdogTerminate` event
- `IRawMessage` — Interface object representing a message
- `plain text: (string | IRawMessage)` — (optional) A list of text objects used to create a message
- `text:string` — (optional) A string containing plain text to display directly. Valid only when used as a sub-member in a `rawtext` or `with` parent member
- `translate:string` — (optional) A string representing a translation identifier to translate the text into the language selected by the reader
- `with: (string | IRawMessage)` — (optional) A list of text object arguments used to fill in the values in the translated text. Ignored when `translate` is not present
- `say(string | IRawMessage)` — Used to broadcast a message to all players
- `tell(string | IRawMessage)` — Send a message to a player
- Fixed a bug where dynamic properties would not persist when using worlds hosted on a dedicated server or Bedrock realms
- Pack dependencies on native modules can be declared using the module name without needing to specify a UUID, using the `module_name` attribute. The module name matches the import statement (e.g. `mojang-minecraft`)
- Removed the `mojang-gametest` version 0.1.0 module; packs using `mojang-gametest` specific APIs should be updated to use GameTest version 1.0.0-beta
- `mojang-gametest` 1.0.0-beta mod requires `mojang-minecraft` 1.0.0-beta mod
- Endermen no longer get angry at players in spectator mode
- Players in spectator mode can no longer interact with Sculk sensors while swimming in water or lava
- Players entering spectator mode will unhook all hooks attached to them
- Players in spectator mode can no longer be pushed by explosions
- Powder Snow no longer emits particles when spectators pass through it
- Big Dripleaf no longer bows when hit by players in spectator mode
- Players in spectator mode now retain their inventories and equipped items on death
- Spectators can no longer draw the attention of the crowd when holding their favorite food
- The `/testfor` command can now target viewers
- Spectator game mode can no longer be entered through the `/gamemode` command, only through `/gamemode` spectator
- Spectators using touch controls can no longer break boats and minecarts
- Puffer Fish no longer reacts to nearby spectators